Thursday, September 30, 2010

Who is Leslie?

There aren't enough words in the English language to describe Leslie. Amazing comes to mind first. She is a warm, loving person who loves children. She loves animals. Leslie is an amazing friend. She is a counselor to many of her friends because she is such a good listener. She has a natural charm, a presence about her. Leslie LOVES music and was very involved in music in school. She has a beautiful voice, and has sang in many weddings. Leslie is fun-loving, playful, but a bit ornery. She is mean on the soccer field. Leslie has travelled all over the world. Her favorite trip was to Italy. She loves sports- OU in particular, and loves to watch all kinds of sports on tv. When she was 12 she decided she wanted to play goalie for a hockey team. Once Leslie and Alan went to buy the goalie equipment and realized it would be $380, she said, "I think I'll play soccer instead."


Leslie has a psychology and a music degree. She later got her alternative degree to be a teacher. She taught remedial math and then kindergarten. Leslie is a strong Christian woman who wanted to marry a Christian man. She was attending Crossings in Edmond where she had a friend, Melanie who told her about a man named Mark. Leslie decided, why not? So they went on their first date and hit it off right away.

4 comments:

  1. This is Melanie...the friend who introduced Leslie and Mark. I told Leslie about Mark one night after we were teaching LifeTools for Kids at Crossings. We were sitting in my car talking, and I told her about my friend Mark...and she was immediately interested in him. In fact, she also called me on the drive home that night to learn even more about Mark. The next day I told Mark about Leslie and showed him some pictures of her. He couldn't stop talking about her after that. I'm pretty sure that he started to fall in love with her even before he met her.

    I love you Leslie Joy. We will all miss you and your cheerful personality but will see you again one day in heaven.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry for your loss. Words cannot express the pain you are going through. I lost my mom 2 years ago at age 60 due to Lupus and I am still grieving her. Some parts will never go away, but you will always remember her for who she was-a wonderful daughter, wife, mother and friend. I pray for you and your family.

    Missy Schranz
    http://missyschranz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot even begin to fathom what this family is going through. Just from reading the short amount of information there is, it's very obvious what an amazing woman Leslie is. Many thoughts and prayers are being sent to all her family and friends.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don,t even know you or your family. I read the obituaries and saw three names of the same...had to find out why! Now Leslie Joy and your family has touched my life as well. My thoughts are with you tonight as I pray. May you find peace in knowing this... you of all people in the whole wide world God chose you to have the love of Leslie Joy

    ReplyDelete